- Fingering Yarn
- Green Flower Wire
- Size 2.0 mm hook
- Yarn needle
|HDC||Half Double Crochet|
|* A * × B||Repeat “A” for a number of B times|
|( X )||Work all of “X” in ONE stitch|
5 Single Crochets in MR = 8 mm
Begin each flower with a tail, three of 10~15 cm and one of 25~30 cm
You may opt to work in continuous rounds. I find it neater to end each round for the color change.
|1||With green, 5 SC in MR, SS||5|
|2||CH 1, SC in each stitch, SS||5|
|3||Switch to white, SC in each stitch||5|
|4||*SS, CH 1, HDC, SC* × 5, SS||5 Petals|
Fasten off & weave in white. Weave green tail end through centre of flower bud.
- Cut wire in lengths of three of 3 cm and one of 10 cm (or longer, this will be the stalk)
- We will be working along the “stalk”, attach a flower with short tail to this
- Dab the end of wire with glue and insert into the MR of the bud and repeat for the other flowers
- Wrap the yarn tail around the wire for a few rounds
- Attach flowers with the short tail to the main stalk first
- Apply glue and wrap in the tail as we go
- Finish with the flower with the long tail and wrap till the end
- Snip off the end after glue dries for a neat finish
And we are done!